Stefan Gabos web developer extraordinaire
List of world countries, as MySQL dump, with national flagsGet the latest updates on this project via RSS
A list of world’s countries as a MySQL dump file containing the official short names in English as given by ISO 3166-1, the ISO 3166-1-alpha-2 code provided by the International Organization for Standardization and the ISO alpha-3 code provided by the United Nations Statistics Division.
The package also contains the national flags of each country as a 16×16, 24×24, 32×32, 64×64 and 128×128 PNG images, courtesy of IconDrawer. The image files are named using the ISO 3166-1-alpha-2 code of the country they represent, for easily pairing flags with countries.
Keep in mind that while all the countries have ISO 3166-1-alpha-2 code, not all the countries have an ISO 3-alpha code.
World countries list, with national flags is distributed under the LGPL.
In plain English, this means that you have the right to view and to modify the source code of this software, but if you modify and distribute it, you are required to license your copy under a LGPL-compatible license, and to make the entire source code of your derivation available to anybody you distribute the software to.
You also have the right to use this software together with software that has different licensing terms (including, but not limited to, commercial and closed-source software), and distribute the combined software, as long as state that your software contains portions licensed under the LGPL license, and provide information about where the LGPL licensed software can be downloaded.
If you distribute copies of this software you may not change the copyright or license of this software.
Click on a version to expand/collapse information.
- version 1.2.1 (January 26, 2016)
- the list is now available on GitHub
- flags are now availabel also in 24×24, 32×32, 48×48, 64×64 and 128×128 pixels
- version 1.2 (December 09, 2012)
- added new country and codes: “South Sudan” (thanks to Jackman);
- changed the ISO alpha-3 code of “Congo” from “cod” to “cog”;
- added “cod” ISO alpha-3 code to “Congo, The Democratic Republic of the”;
- added “ggy” ISO alpha-3 code to “Guernsey”;
- added “jey” ISO alpha-3 code to “Jersey”;
- added “myt” ISO alpha-3 code to “Mayotte”;
- added “maf” ISO alpha-3 code to “Saint Martin (French Part);
- added “sxm” ISO alpha-3 code to “Sint Maarten” (Dutch Part);
- alpha-2 and alpha-3 codes are now lowercase and the countries’ names are no longer all-caps;
- replaced the old flag icons dating from 2007 and with missing images for quite a few countries, with new ones by IconDrawer
- version 1.1 (June 27, 2011)
- updated the list
- version 1.0 (January 30, 2006)
- initial release